Organic strawberry jam is a delicious way to preserve summer fruit and make something special. Making your organic strawberry jam will put you in control of the ingredients and assure you that only all-natural and organically sourced ingredients are used. Here's an easy recipe for organic strawberry jam:
- 4 cups of organic strawberries, washed and hulled
- Two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Dates Syrup (To prepare dates syrup, soak the dates in 2 parts of water for a minimum of 4 hours. Subsequently, grind the mixture with the required amount of additional water to form a paste.)
- Place the washed and hulled strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until they become very soft and fall apart about 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally while cooking to prevent burning.
- Add the lemon juice and dates syrup to the pot, stirring well to combine all ingredients. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil using medium heat, frequently stirring until all get mixed.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 20–25 minutes, occasionally stirring to prevent sticking or burning on the bottom of the pan. This point should thicken the texture; you can test by spooning a small amount onto a plate or spoon — if it coats both evenly, it’s thick enough. Otherwise, continue simmering until it reaches desired thickness.
- Turn off the heat and cool slightly before transferring it into sterilized jars/containers for storage in your refrigerator for up to three weeks or process using your preferred method for long-term storage. Enjoy!