Rambutan fruit, also known as the "hairy fruit" due to its hairy exterior, is a delightfully sweet and juicy tropical fruit. It is native to Southeast Asia and is highly prized for its delicious taste and numerous health benefits.
- The rambutan is a rich source of vitamin C and potassium.
- Its high antioxidant content makes it an excellent addition to a healthy diet.
- Rambutans are low in calories, making them a great snack option.
- The hair-like spines on the rind can easily be removed by making a small incision with a knife.
- The flesh inside is delicate and translucent white, with a juicy texture similar to grapes.
- Rambutan can be eaten fresh, dried, or canned/dehydrated.
- They make an excellent addition to salads or desserts such as fruit cocktails
- Rambutan fruits are often used in traditional medicine for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- They add a unique visual appeal when used as garnish in cocktails or mocktails due to their unique appearance.